What's This Blog About?

Pacific Grove is nearly an island - it is in the minds of people who live here - "surrounded" on two sides by the blue cold ocean. In a town that's half water and half land, we're in a specific groove where we love nature but also love to leave and see what the rest of the world is doing. Welcome along!

Friday, October 1, 2010

A Quickie

Darn!  Ran out of time too soon.  I diverted my attention to writing my short story and have run out of time today to write anything more than a few thoughts.

I have been able to track readership of posts, a service provided by Blogger, where I compose every day.  The most curious pattern has emerged:  I have consistently had the most page views - by a long shot - on a post I wrote in 2009 called "Comments?" in which I instructed readers how to make comments. It has had five times as many hits as my other posts.  I feel a bit befuddled by that, especially since none of these "hits" has generated further comments on that post beyond the first three or four that were posted.

Also, and equally interesting to me, is the fact that readers are tuning in from far-flung places like Indonesia, Ukraine, Germany, Russia and South Korea among others.  Hello!

All I can say is I'm having a fine time writing.  It's kind of one step above talking to myself, which I do anyway, so if anyone ever comments, it feels like a surprise.

Thanks again for reading.  I hope you'll continue to enjoy it and pass it along.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow--world famous!