What's This Blog About?

Pacific Grove is nearly an island - it is in the minds of people who live here - "surrounded" on two sides by the blue cold ocean. In a town that's half water and half land, we're in a specific groove where we love nature but also love to leave and see what the rest of the world is doing. Welcome along!

Friday, May 21, 2010

200th Post

I am in the groove, there's no doubt about it.  A milestone has been reached.  This is my 200th post on this blog site.  Woo hoooo!!!

I'm a little surprised a big number has rolled around so quickly.

I post daily, and that is piling up a sizable amount of material.  I set the goal to write every single day back in January.  Every author I've ever read about says they write every day, without fail.  So, I'm sticking with that.

Being in a specific groove where writing daily is my requirement for myself has required patience, understanding and great support from my husband, which I appreciate enormously.

What I've found is that using a computer website as my forum requires a power source in addition to my battery.  Also, I need wifi or a computer with internet access to use when I'm traveling.  I like to add pictures, so I take one camera or another with me when I go somewhere.  Writers still use actual paper and so do it at times, but virtual space where I spend a good amount of time daily.  It's slowly but surely becoming a habit, a practice, definitely a commitment.

I am planning blog site tweaks in the coming months and hope to "migrate" my blog site to another "platform," but I'm still in a steep learning curve about how to do that successfully without losing my content and the readers I have already (thank you, everybody, for reading!).  The point of that is to have a web site and include my blog site as a part of it and add in other creative aspects that further represent me as a freelance writer and photographer and....who knows!  Don't worry, so far I'm limiting my singing to the shower.  I dance with the broom and cook for my family and friends.

So, Pacific Grove, Monterey, and the whole county will be my domain for many more blog posts to come.  When I get to the really big number of 1,000 I'll see what I might want to do next.  'Til then, I hope you keep reading.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations....I know how hard you work at this...your growth, your development and your passion for it...thats the trajectory and a worthy one it is.

g

Christine Bottaro said...

Thank you! Seems I have been shot out of a cannon and am doing endo's sometimes. But, I'm having fun.

Serena said...

Congrats on the mile stone! I've always thought you were a fantastic story teller. Keep on writing! Or typing as the case may be. :-)

Christine Bottaro said...

You're on. I will keep, um, keyboarding until I can keyboard no more...Thanks for your comment.