What's This Blog About?

Pacific Grove is nearly an island - it is in the minds of people who live here - "surrounded" on two sides by the blue cold ocean. In a town that's half water and half land, we're in a specific groove where we love nature but also love to leave and see what the rest of the world is doing. Welcome along!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Keeping It Simple

Because the year is on the rise and possibility exists, I am making plans.  Even as I say that I realize that plans are made in sand.  My goal, however, is set in stone:  

Find the truth in the matter and see if love is there or not.  

That's my resolution, and I believe it applies in pretty much every situation I'll find myself in.  It's open ended in a nicely subjective way.  It implies that if love is not somewhere in the matter at hand, then something else is.  By my way of thinking, if love is not present, fear is; sometimes both are present at the same time.  One way or another, truth and love are worth searching for.  

Remember that famous quote of Goethe's:  Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.  


No comments: