What's This Blog About?

Pacific Grove is nearly an island - it is in the minds of people who live here - "surrounded" on two sides by the blue cold ocean. In a town that's half water and half land, we're in a specific groove where we love nature but also love to leave and see what the rest of the world is doing. Welcome along!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

After a Dream

"Good morning.  Is there any coffee?"

"Yes.  Mugs are up above the counter, on the left."

"I had such a weird dream last night.  Want a cup?"

"I'm good.  What was the dream?"

"My legs fell off, but I could still walk."

"That's weird all right."

"Yeah.  I was sitting in a big wooden chair.  You know, one of those outdoor chairs like we saw at the outdoor center.  What're they called?"

"Adirondack?"

"Yes.  I was sitting in the sun and then my legs fell off like they were branches coming off a tree.  It made a loud cracking sound.  No blood or anything.  Just crack and there they were lying on the ground like dummy legs.  But then I got up and went in the house and I was fine.   I have no idea."

"Well, your legs are still there.  I can see them.  All ten toes.  You okay?"

"Uh, well, I was fine.  Now I don't think so.  What do you think it means?"

"It, well, um.  You need a hug?  I give really good hugs, remember."

"I do.  You do.  You sure my legs look okay?"

"Look more than okay.  Great legs.  All hooked up to the hip bones.  Hug coming at you.  Set down your coffee and get a proper hug."

"Mmmmm.  It was just a dream.  I love you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frog legs.....