What's This Blog About?

Pacific Grove is nearly an island - it is in the minds of people who live here - "surrounded" on two sides by the blue cold ocean. In a town that's half water and half land, we're in a specific groove where we love nature but also love to leave and see what the rest of the world is doing. Welcome along!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Road Songs

In the interest of brevity (I have no more than a few minutes today to write, which is awful), I ask you:

What are your top five favorite road songs of all time?

I have a mental list going of my Gittin' Down The Road songs, but I want to make a CD for my next trip, and I'd like some suggestions, new ideas; I'm open to that.  I love certain songs for this reason:  They remind me of other road trips that I've been on.  Pretty simple, but the fact is the trips were unusually good, important or crazy.  You know the kind of song I mean, too.

I'll start with this one:  Graceland - Paul Simon

It has punctuated so many good trips that it's almost a requirement to listen to - a good luck talisman - and without it, I do not feeling truly in my groove.

Okay, your turn.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm Gonna Be 500 Miles (the Proclaimers)
I Saw Her Standing There (Beatles)
Can't Let Go (Lucinda Williams)
Closer to Free (the BoDeans)
Country Girl (Rissi Palmer)
It's Easy (JJ Cale and Eric Clapton)
Represent, Cuba (Dirty Dancing, NIH)
Summertime Blues (Brian Setzer)

kcmckell said...

Ooh Clapton and Brian Setzer are good choices that I hadn't thought of.

For my money (at least while flying up I-5 in the pitch black) I'd go with something from the Red Hot Chili Peppers: Higher Ground.

Christine Bottaro said...

Now we're cookin'!

Home (Marc Broussard)
MTV (Dire Straits)
Tequila (Hellecasters)

Keep 'em coming...

Christine Bottaro said...

Well, okay, wrong title on the DS song:

Money For Nothing (Dire Straits)
Sultans of Swing (Dire Straits)