What's This Blog About?

Pacific Grove is nearly an island - it is in the minds of people who live here - "surrounded" on two sides by the blue cold ocean. In a town that's half water and half land, we're in a specific groove where we love nature but also love to leave and see what the rest of the world is doing. Welcome along!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Comment Help

Hi Reader!  I've let a few days go by since I posted information about how to comment on my blog.  


Younger readers are doing fine for the most part, but the gray foxes in my readership are still struggling and some are even giving up!  No, do not give up!  Breathe deeply and read on.  Here's help:


First of all, you need some definitions of terms, so...
1.  A "post" is the individual day's writing.  The title of today's post is called Comment Help.
2.  The "blog" is the whole kaboodle, all posts I've written.  My entire blog is called Specific Groove.  
3.  When you subscribe to my blog, you are receiving posts in your inbox for email.  You are probably not receiving the entire blog site.  


To comment:  Look at your email and click on the BLUE underlined words at the top that say Specific Groove.  That will open up my whole blog, so you can then read the current post and other posts that are older.  


At the bottom of the post, you'll see a different kind of writing (font) that will say something like this:  


1 comment


Click on that and a small box will open up, probably to the left.  Write in the comment box, probably outlined in blue.  When you have finished, click on Submit.  There will also be a box below some wavy wiggly letters.  Copy them in the box (for security purposes).  You will also see a list of choices of how you want to identify yourself to others who read my posts and read comments.  You can be anonymous if you wish.  


Now is the anxiety-inducing part for the gray foxes (baby boomers and older):  Your comment won't appear immediately!  This is because you are most likely only reading the post for the day, not the entire blog site.  To see your comment, you can go to specificgroove.blogspot.com and scroll down to the bottom of the post that you commented on, click on the teeny tiny word comments  and you'll open up your comment and any others that have been left.  


I think this should be helpful.  Just remember:  Open the entire blog by clicking on Specific Groove at the top of the email that you receive or go to specificgroove.blogspot.com   


Whew!  Good luck.  Post a comment now for practice.  Patience is a virtue!  You can do it!  I'll keep checking for your comments and keep writing, too, of course.  It's been interesting so far.  



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Test. Test. This is only a test of the Emergency Gray Hair Broadcast System.

Gary said...

It might not be about gray hair, cause some of us with no hair have had our challenges as well. This seems to work though. Test Test Test

G

Anonymous said...

Using my Ubuntu laptop, I can easily access the comments window on your blog. I can also access it on Angie's computer, which is an XP varmint like my desktop. However, even though I have cookies turned on, and have no problem with any other blog, yours still refuses to allow me on. It reports an "Error 404," which indicates a missing file of some sort. Crazy.