What's This Blog About?

Pacific Grove is nearly an island - it is in the minds of people who live here - "surrounded" on two sides by the blue cold ocean. In a town that's half water and half land, we're in a specific groove where we love nature but also love to leave and see what the rest of the world is doing. Welcome along!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

iPhone 4G Shots: Trying It

I don't have much time to write and create a written piece as I had planned, so I'll post a few photos taken with my new iPhone 4G.  I'm getting used to it, remembering I have a few options I didn't have before.

A few tips:  Stay away from contrasty images where there is a lot of intense bright and dark shadowy areas.  Keeping the camera focused on an entirely shaded subject gives somewhat more accurate color.

You probably won't be able to focus in any closer than about 18".  I've tried to get closer, but no matter how still I am the lens itself is the limiting factor.

Hold very still when touching the phone's shutter icon on the center bottom of the screen.  Of course, if you want to blur on purpose, it can create a good blurring of color.  Play with it.

Look all around you.  You never know what's going to grab you and seem like a great shot.

I was out at Asilomar State Beach last night as the sun was setting behind some storm clouds.  Earlier, I found a quiet spot at the shore and noticed a little sea anemone shell with some pebbles.  iPhoto helps balance warm and cool shades and refines focus and then I'm ready to post.

2 comments:

Romantic Dinner said...

Nice story and very beautiful image. its really traffic.

Travel Tourism said...

wow what perfect story about the iphone really great this.