What's This Blog About?

Pacific Grove is nearly an island - it is in the minds of people who live here - "surrounded" on two sides by the blue cold ocean. In a town that's half water and half land, we're in a specific groove where we love nature but also love to leave and see what the rest of the world is doing. Welcome along!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Please Comment

How many times to you really get asked for your opinion?

You take surveys and send them off never to be seen again, but I'll bet you can count on one hand the number of times someone has walked up to you, singled you out, and said, "Tell me what you think, exactly.  Talk about your ideas.  I'm listening and I'm writing it all down for consideration."

I did, once, take part in an interview where a person who was thoughtfully considering my opinions writing them down and listening carefully, comparing my words with others' and giving me plenty of room to explain.  Of course, I was in third grade and the survey was about how third grade girls like certain things, and so I gave all kinds of expansive ideas.  I became an instant fame junkie and wanted to give my opinion on everything else in the world, too.

On this blog site, and millions of others, too, you can actually give your comments freely (as long as they are fit for family consumption) and add them to the mix, start a conversation of sorts.

Every so often, I ask readers to make suggestions for posts, and this is one of those times.  Go ahead, tell me what you're thinking about, or comment on a post and get your idea out.  I'm always curious to read what bubbles up after you've read something.

No comments: