What's This Blog About?

Pacific Grove is nearly an island - it is in the minds of people who live here - "surrounded" on two sides by the blue cold ocean. In a town that's half water and half land, we're in a specific groove where we love nature but also love to leave and see what the rest of the world is doing. Welcome along!

Friday, November 19, 2010

Little Annoying Things

The common cold has sent my immune system into high gear, especially my nose, which has become a faucet of epic proportions.  It will all go away eventually, but I'm in the middle of it right now so it doesn't feel like anything except waterworks to the tenth degree.  I haven't had a cold in ages, so I'd nearly forgotten how hose-like a nose can be.  Amazing.  I think I could put out a fire without any trouble.

Just now a strange new buzzing rattle has begun in my kitchen, where I'm sitting.  It's coming from the fridge, just like that.  Why do things just go haywire all of a sudden with no provocation.  I mean, I can understand if an earthquake were to have initiated the strange buzz or if someone sneezed in my face to begin my cold, but no, they seem to have simply taken the initiative all on their own to begin annoying me.

Well, taking the Pollyanna attitude:  I'm glad the fridge is at least not blowing up.  A buzzing rattle is fine in that case.  And, at least I don't have to deal with cancer or severe injury.  A cold with its accompanying incessantly leaking nose is hardly anything at all when you look at it that way.

Since the day is threatening rain, having a cold is less restricting than if it were gorgeous outside.  Instead, I'll make myself some broth, curl up with a warm blanket and a good book and while away a few hours.  That sounds pretty good, cold or not.  First, though, I'm going to buy stock in Kleenex...

No comments: